Friday, March 23, 2012

Late ©©

It’s late as the sun falls off the edge of the sky
It’s late as I turn the corner
It’s late as I walk down untraveled roads
It’s late as I awaken to the darkness

It’s late as we come together
It’s late as we embrace
It’s late as we skirt around the balcony
It‘s late as we look down

It’s late as the crowd gathers
It’s late as they chant in one voice
It’s late as the blind become deaf
It’s late when the rivers swell the banks

It’s late when the shadows crawl over us
It’s late when time is lost
It’s late when you don’t believe
It’s late when you're lost

It’s late when you don’t say hello
It’s late when you don’t say goodbye
It’s late when you don’t say I love you
It’s late, but never to late

Walker

2 comments:

itisi said...

I really like this one!
The last two paragraphs are my fav.

BlazngScarlet said...

It's never too late ....

xxx