Monday, September 14, 2015

Labels ©©

Who am I?
Who are you?
Am I a number?
Are you a letter?

My name is Peter
Could be Jack
Yours might be Betty
Or Jill

Are we the labels others placed on us?
Or are we the shadows that lurk inside?
The souls that guide our actions
Defining who we really are.

Once we were all a thought
Then a reality
Branded before being sent off into the crowd
People with given labels

I’m a stray
A reject to be punished for every indiscretion
A rebel to be hunted down and silenced
Kept away from the herd

We ask who are you
To know you
But it’s what you want
Who you really are

Walker

2 comments:

Shadow said...

It's easy to label. Saves time in the getting to know someone process. But you never get to know them. Not that way. Hallo. My name is Shadow.

Devilish Angel said...

Without knowing a person fully people label them...