Friday, March 09, 2018

Who Will Love You ©©


I have walked through the ages
Touched endless souls
Seen another’s pain
Caressed your love with a whisper

I have reached out in the night
Filling my arms with nothing but memories
Thoughts of days when we played in the darkness
Danced among the shadows

I was the devil that said I love you
You the angel that made it feel real
Then you were no longer there
And I'm left standing here all alone

All the time in the world is not enough
To heal every aching soul with the love that is
Forever is not enough when I have nothing left
Nothing is all that remains

Who will still love you when there is nothing left to love
How will you love someone when you have nothing left to give 
When I look at the heavens I see the stars looking down
Bright and beautiful, a million angels smiling my way

Walker

2 comments:

itisi said...

Heart wrenching...
beautifully written.

Shadow said...

Are we all doomed to have that one love, that one wonder, that one great heartache..... this is magic writing btw