Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Can Fly ©©

I was born with a cry, eyes closed, screaming to be alive, my heart pounding with the rhythm of a hummingbird's wings in flight.
My memories are but a sigh as the cold that came from a warmth left me outside wanting to come in from the light.

Blind to the past
Blind to the future
Blind to the evils of life

Inside my hands are tied, restrained, held back from reaching...that…this…bound.
Outside I’m free to run into the wind and feel it push me up; lift me high into the sky without a sound.

Freedom to sore
Freedom to reach the heavens
Freedom to touch a dream

I live with a sigh; eyes wide open, searching to live, heart dancing with the rhythm of a wind blowing leaves across the park.
My thoughts are sounds of thunder as the warmth caresses me inside wanting to lighten my heart and bring me in from the dark.

I know what I want
I know what I feel
I know what I know

I will die with a smile because I know I tried, laughing full of life, my heart singing with the rhythm and grace of an eagle, in the sky.
My existence will pass as it began, with my warmth rising high coasting to where I have never been before.

I believe in life
I believe in love
I believe I can fly

Can you?

Walker

No comments: