Monday, June 23, 2008

Wandering In The Dark ©©

I wander all about with scattered thoughts
Lost in a time long gone, drifting into an unknown future
Dragging my feet I slide down roads yet travelled
Paths yet seen by these eyes

Reluctantly I go where I don’t wish to be
Fighting every step I take down jagged memories
Memories cut deep
Some bleed, some bring light to yesterday

Down dark paths I make my way
There is no light at the end of this route
Not all roads lead to enlightenment
Some are dead ends, some never existed
Mirages of the heart

Memories are gapping wounds that spill over
Staining life, darkening everything even the sky
Bringing in darkness
In the light of day

Here now I stray on final legs on paths laid in memories
Memories I have created
The same ones I live every night
As there are no days left in the darkness

Walker

No comments: