Friday, July 11, 2008

The Match ©©

Standing in the corner of my life
Deep in a shadow shrouded by time
Only the glow of a dieing cigarette betrays me

Here I watch and wait
What I see is a dieing world
What I am waiting for is the end

There was a time when man stood on the cusp of forever
Today he stands at the dawn of destruction
The seers of yesterday have blinded those of tomorrow

Like a lit match glowing in the darkness we grew
With every year since we created a bigger match
One that could brighten the heavens like a glowing star

The spark that ignites it is sharp and precise
It flares up like a shooting star burning across the sky
Streaking through the night carrying many a wish on its journey

But like the match I hold between my fingers it slowly dims
Then without the explosion of its arrival, is fades away
Leaving the dieing embers and ash as proof of it existence

Walker

No comments: