Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Blind ©©

Standing on my pedestal out in the open
Burning in the fire set by my hand
I stare off into the distance
Looking for an escape to the next horizon

I stand on the cusp of my existence
Reeling in confusion
As the world spins out of control
Just before I fall into the abyss

Falling off my pedestal into the darkness
The wind rushing by tearing at my clothes
Leaving me naked to fall into oblivion
And to never

I fall into the world of my imagination
Erasing all the confusion
Finding a peace in the world, even if it’s only mine
Before I can awaken to the light once more

Awakening to the smell of the living
Burning with desires
I look at what I have close by
Staring at Paradise all around

I awaken to see the horizon all around me
With clarity to stop the world for me to reach out and touch
As the rest wait to find what I have found
Just before they fall into the abyss also

Walker

1 comment:

Opaque said...

"I stand on the cusp of my existence
Reeling in confusion
As the world spins out of control
Just before I fall into the abyss"

These lines still ring in me head. Great job Walker!!!