Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Cover Of Time ©©

These are my memories
My thoughts that I share with you
These are the songs I listen too at night
When I sit here alone
These are the words that only rhyme to me
Yet make the most sense

These are the times I remember
Those that I cherish the most
These are the events that shaped who I am
How I feel
These are memories of my life
The ones I love the most

These are the moments frozen forever in time
The ones I can never forget
These are the life I hold onto
Wrapped close to my soul
These are the songs
I choose to sing on and on

These could be the greatest hits of all time
The ones that make my knees go weak
These might be the dreams I had
The life I used to live
These are my thoughts
The ones I share with you here

These are the thoughts you will never hear
Or see; just feel
These are the stars in the sky
The ones we all reach for
These are the times we miss the most
The ones that made us sing

Walker

2 comments:

Notion said...

and this is me saying

great freakin poem man i'm loving te depth you got

Opaque said...

Self-reflective here, probably!!! Great writing!!!