Saturday, May 02, 2009

Holding On ©©

From the farthest corner of my thoughts
To the deepest part of my heart
I remember once upon a time
When everything was perfect and fine

From sweet to bittersweet
In a blink of an eye
I went from one extreme to just a dream
To live and die in just one swift wink

Reaching out for something
Something I once had
Maybe for my love
To pull it close and hold onto for just one last time

On this long road I walk
This freeway to nowhere
Following one final dream
To find what has been missing for so long

To emerge from this deep dark cave
To find what I search for and crave
Something I need
Someone I can call all mine once again

Across a million thoughts
To eternity and around the bend
Searching for what’s missing
Something lost or something never had

Down this road chasing a flaming sunset to eternity
Following a dieing dream
A dream that one day there will be someone new
Someone I can call all my own to hold onto again

So here I go once more
Down this road
To somewhere far, somewhere close
Somewhere, just somewhere

On and on
Forward I go
Step by step
It's the only thing I know

It's the only thing I know how to do right
To follow that fading light
To find what I once gave away in a dark place
To find the breath I lost when I first saw your face

Holding onto my thoughts
In the deepest part of my heart
Until day comes again and I reach up to that place
To touch that flaming sky and your sweet face

Walker

2 comments:

Opaque said...

Wonderful!!!

"It's the only thing I know how to do right
To follow that fading light
To find what I once gave away in a dark place
To find the breath I lost when I first saw your face"

Loved these lines!!!

Dotm said...

Hi Walker, Have been busy trying to catch up with all the posts I have missed. Now, this post gives me the thoughts that, yes, maybe someday, loneliness will disappear and be replaced by someone to share my remaining years with.
Never give up, we might wake up one day and meet another lovely person to make us smile more. Until that day comes, we need to keep smiling and enjoying life as much as possible. Looking forward to the day you again write about some wonderful person who has come into your life.That is my wish for you my friend.