Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grasping Life ©©

I look down at my hands
Hold one up to inspect
Lifting a finger to look at
Then the other hand and its digits

Extending an arm out
Pointing a finger as far as it could reach
Then the other arm to the west
While measuring the extent of my world

Slowing spinning round and around
Whirling within the circle of my world
Creating the wind meant to carry me away
Away into the night and the stars above

Into the darkest corners of my existence to explore
To find what makes me feel what I don’t
To feel what I don’t want to feel
Live what I have to feel

Embracing what’s within my world
With extended arms and a bared soul
Begging to be pierced
To feel what it is to be alive again

To grasp with both hands
Before plummeting back to earth
With the feeling flowing through clutched fingers
While smiling all the way to the ground

Walker

1 comment:

Opaque said...

I love this very much! Brilliant!