Thursday, April 14, 2016

Idle Keys ©©

I saw the sun rise and stood up to catch it when it fell
The moon stole my heart when a smile ignited my desires
Moments lost in time bring me back to reality
I let go what I want for what is placed before me

Is this how it all works
Do we take what is given us
Do we fight for what we want or crumble in defeat
Forsaking what is lost within our hearts

Where you go I want to be
Where you have been I want see
I want to get lost in your every word
Feel every breath as I rest within your loving arms

Darkness consumes everything in sight
Creeping in to steal lost souls
Silent screams fill the night
To be lost in the deafening shadows

Dreams shatter
Worlds crumble
Pieces scatter
The end feels near

This is my life
My story from start to end
From the day I saw the light
To the day I crawled towards the darkness

Walker

1 comment:

Devilish Angel said...

"Do we take what is given us
Do we fight for what we want or crumble in defeat"

This is the choice we face in day to day life. Each day we select one choice and face the consequences. This is life... Well written Walker...