Sunday, October 29, 2017

Over Yonder ©©

I woke up this morning and walked a thousand miles
For lunch, I walked a thousand more
By midday I was ten thousand miles from home
At midnight I stood on the moon looking down at our world

Like a blue pearl staring up at me
Its tall mountains reaching up to the heavens
Beckoning me to come back
To find my way home

I look away to the stars
I want to go over yonder
Far from the world I know
Far from who I am

Over there is who I want to be
Here I am who I am
Surrounded by those who tear at my soul
Shredding any dreams, I may have

A million miles to get away
A billion more to get lost
A trillion miles to disappear
Infinity to cease to exist


Walker

1 comment:

Shadow said...

We don't belong here, this world belongs to the heartless, the self, the rulers of destruction, I will walk a thousand miles and more with you past the stars, to where we belong.....there, may we find what we are looking for.