Thursday, October 11, 2018

Footsteps ©©


Footsteps skip across the night
I hear them slipping and sliding
Coasting down the road
Not in a rush yet, not casual

Are they going somewhere close
Or somewhere far
Are they going somewhere special
Or fleeing another life

The night howls but the footsteps clatter on
Singing their way through the night
Rain can’t slow them down
The mud clings to their souls

I can hear them clear as day
Marching to their own tune
Tripping on unforeseen obstacles
But never stopping on the way to the unknown

The wind pushes back
Pounding and clawing at the night
The footsteps move forward
Seeking no relief from what lays before or after

Footsteps kicking out a tune
As clear as day I can hear that they’re mine
I used to think that there was a way out of here
The footsteps I follow are mine



Walker

1 comment:

Shadow said...

Can't escape ourselves....