Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Free To Fade Away ©©

 

Freedom is a cost that I can no longer afford

All I wanted was to be who I was

I wanted to walk among other human beings unimpeded

Free to live free without borders or any limitations


I searched across oceans and deserts

Over mountains I stumbled

Freedom is impossible to find

Not even in any bedrooms I’ve been lost in


I see a different world from what I used to be

I can’t find what I’m looking for because I don’t exist

Each breath I take is stolen from the past I was

Today is not where I have gone but where i have been abandoned


I just want to run away from it all but I only manage to fade away

This is not where it all begins, it’s where it all falls apart

The night crumbles all around me

I have become aware that freedom has become a prison


Is it me that has become indifferent

Does it matter what I do to make it all better

How can I change who I am to find what is impossible to have

Freedom, is it just a word, a thing or the end


Walker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't fade away forever.