Monday, October 04, 2021

Sailing Under Blue Skies ©©

Is this the end or a new beginning
Things are changing as the dream crumbles away
In this new beginning will I have freedom
Or will I have to run and hide

All I see are glass walls
The fearless running naked in the streets
The fearful cowering in their cubicles
Fields of humans filling the promised land

This is where it all begins
Where fear battles ignorance
The winner claiming our souls
With the future of humanity on the line

I know we can’t hide forever
We can’t run from the inevitable
Fighting each other is pointless
Suicidal, unless this is what they want

I’m just tired of it all
I want to pick a star and sail away
Somewhere far where freedom is in every breath you take
Every thought you make

Sail away to the past
Where the future is only a thought
Life was free
The skies were blue

Walker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I,too would love to be free to pursue my heart's desire.

itisi