Monday, December 17, 2007

Transitions ©©

How long has it been since I stepped out and lived?
I lived on the edge of night and day.
Where was the last time I watched my blood drip on the ground?
I still remember the pain that fuelled my zest for life.

When was the last time I took a chance?
It’s been a long time since I laughed at the grim reaper.
Why did I ever stop being me?
I have to be this way.

I remember everything I have done.
Why can’t I forget?
The energy still surges through my veins.
Why does the past call, knocking at the door?

Everything that I remember, says come back.
Then why do I stay as I am?
Yesterday was my home.
How can I go back now?

When did I create this prison I live in?
The walls of my soul are closing in.
Why is snow white?
It’s been a while.

Walker

No comments: