Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Window ©©

I stand by the window looking out
I watch the sunrises
And sunsets
I watch the birds fly by

I stand by the window watching the children play
I watch as they grow up so fast
Then go away
I watch an old couple walk by

I stand by the window watching the seasons change
I watch the blossoms bloom
The leaves burst with fire
I watch the years pass on

I stand by the window watching people
I watch the light in their eyes
Looking for hope
I watch the horizon for a sign

I stand by the window watching the world grow small
I watch the unreachable
And know it’s not
I watch what everyone is reaching for

I stand by the window looking
I watch the world go by
While I’m inside wishing
I could watch from the other side

Walker

2 comments:

Opaque said...

Specifically, love the last two verses. Nevertheless, overall, the song is quite thoughtful. Indeed, the song, this blog seems to be your conscience.

Keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

~~~~While I’m inside wishing
I could watch from the other side
.....

I especially loved those two lines. I could just picture you looking out of the window watching the world go by. Lovely Walker.