Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Window ©©

I stand by the window looking out
I watch the sunrises
And sunsets
I watch the birds fly by

I stand by the window watching the children play
I watch as they grow up so fast
Then go away
I watch an old couple walk by

I stand by the window watching the seasons change
I watch the blossoms bloom
The leaves burst with fire
I watch the years pass on

I stand by the window watching people
I watch the light in their eyes
Looking for hope
I watch the horizon for a sign

I stand by the window watching the world grow small
I watch the unreachable
And know it’s not
I watch what everyone is reaching for

I stand by the window looking
I watch the world go by
While I’m inside wishing
I could watch from the other side

Walker

2 comments:

Brosreview said...

Specifically, love the last two verses. Nevertheless, overall, the song is quite thoughtful. Indeed, the song, this blog seems to be your conscience.

Keep it up!!!

Romany Angel said...

~~~~While I’m inside wishing
I could watch from the other side
.....

I especially loved those two lines. I could just picture you looking out of the window watching the world go by. Lovely Walker.