Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Loner ©©

Everywhere I look I see is darkness
Every corner of my existence is a shadow
My life, a mystery even to me
So how can you see me when all I am is a shadow in the dark?

Everything I know doesn’t exist
Everyone I know is no more
I am the only one left in this world
In this life of lives

Everyday is a moving shadow of the last
Every breath, a sigh
Why do I live like this?
Or am I the only one alive?

Every sunrise I awaken
Every morning I die
I wade through that garbage of life
To find what everyone wants

Every sunset I lay down and live once more
Every night I fall in love again
The dark cloak wraps around me like a shield
As I join the shadows of the living

Walker

3 comments:

Opaque said...

Instantly reminded me of the movie "I am Legend". Beautiful!!!

BlazngScarlet said...

Hmm .... I thought more "Interview With a Vampire"

Opaque said...

@Scarlet - Oh yea!!! I agree!!!