Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Looking Back ©©

I look into a calm pool at my reflection
Sometimes I don’t recognize whom I see
It’s not the boy I once knew
Or the man he came to be

If I stare deep enough
I could imagine what once was, what I wanted it to be
Not the person I would see now
If it were truly me

Into the dark deep searching for the fire that once was
Looking for that reason to continue to fight on
For the spirit to walk into the future with
For that spark that lived here beneath

To be proud to be alive
Fired up to charge ahead
Excited for every breath you take
Ready for any thing but to lie down and be dead

A single tear ripples the calm
Distorting the truth for just one moment
So a boy can once again be the man
He wanted to be just for that one moment

Walker

1 comment:

Opaque said...

"A single tear ripples the calm
Distorting the truth for just one moment
So a boy can once again be the man
He wanted to be just for that one moment"

Again, brilliant lines Walker!!! You continue to amaze me!!! You are steadily setting the bar high each time I read one of your latest!!!

Keep them coming!!!