Monday, June 15, 2009

Sailing Into The Deep ©©

I lay back in the shadows and watch
Watch you limping on by
Watch as your slow demise drags millions of souls down
Down beneath your crumbing wings to become memories, a dream
Memories to be pitied and scoffed at, blamed
Relics of a past bent on destruction and greed

In the beginning there was anarchy
Man lived off of the land
Mother nourished her babies
Spoiled them until they became rotten and wanted more
More to consume
More to waste

I follow the shadows ahead of a dieing beast
Jumping over puddles of blood
Potholes filled with the tears of the lost
The unforgiven hoards of wasted flesh
Left to fertilize the rebirth of mother
So the few who remain can once more be reborn

I watched as your hunger grew
Watched as you became gluttonous
Fat with a lust for more of what you didn’t need
Just wanted
So that no one else can have what you desire
To waste before you could

I reach the dock ahead of the dark cloud following
I see it fill the night sky above me as I sail into the horizon
Chasing me to the end of time
To dance one last drowning waltz together in the deep of night
Hand in hand, society and I sailing away
Into the deep of night

Walker

2 comments:

Opaque said...

"Mother nourished her babies
Spoiled them until they became rotten and wanted more
More to consume
More to waste"

Hmm, this is quite sadistic mate. I love the writing very much.

Shadow said...

selfish, i, i, i, i recognise this, see this around me, daily...