Thursday, January 07, 2010

How Far? ©©

How far must I travel?
How far must I go to find who I am?
To find where I belong
To where my reflection lives

Is it just a dream or hope
Playing hide and seek with my soul
Smiling back at me from this puddle
This puddle of piss in the street

All around I see nothing
Lifeless souls wandering around
Falling through the cracks in the sidewalks
To be swallowed up by defeat

How far must I go to get away?
Away from this shit
This nightmare
This disease eating our souls

Or is there no place left to run to?
No place to hide
Only this place
Is this the last place left on earth?

This is I
Standing against the wind
Like a stick in the ground
Stuck in the Earths asshole

How far must I go?
Chasing that dream
While bleeding from my mind
Spilling my thoughts all around

Walker

1 comment:

Opaque said...

This reminds me of my song, "Possessed Obsession". I can relate to this. Keep writing!!!