Monday, May 03, 2010

The Leaf ©©

I sit on a stump in this quiet wood
Lost in an ocean of thought
Drowning in a sea of doubt
While fighting back waves of desire

I struggle within myself
To do what I am told to do
To be what I don’t want to be
To carry a burden that I never wanted

I get lost within a trapped mind
Enslaved by rules and laws
Imprisoned behind moral walls
Without doors or windows to escape from

In a make believe forest I find solace
A paradise without roads
Without walls, without clothes
Just naked against the truth

I sit on a stump reaching out for that one lonely leaf
Feeling its smooth texture between my finger
Before crushing it against me
Then flushing as I walk out back into reality

Walker

1 comment:

Spider42 said...

nice blog, and interesting piece of prose.
cheers..