Thursday, December 06, 2012

The Lost Uncle ©©


When I wake up in the middle of the night
The darkness is silent
The shadows have melted away
Leaving only clarity

I am alone with a stranger
A stranger I know as myself
A lost uncle you never recognize
Not even when you come face to face

Why do you hide in the corner of this reality
Away from living
Lost between the shades of light
Forgotten by time

Are you afraid of the light
Or just obsolete
Am I the survivor
Or you the victim

Eyes burning with desire
A beacon of life penetrating the darkness
A beast locked within its prison
Existing to exhale a primal passion

But long slivers of light creep into the night
Through window and crevice
The sun rises pushing away the night
Leaving only the shadows that bind the soul

I awaken in the morning
The same person I see in the mirror every day
The person everyone knows
Not the lost uncle

Walker

No comments: