Monday, May 10, 2021

Cold Sweat ©©

Say you, say
Tell me of what you know
Tell me before you turn your back and go
Tell me what no one else knows
Something special
Something right
Something wrong
Just, something

The nights grow cold as the days grow long
Tears pour out of darkened skies
Washing away the dirt and grime
But the sins of time always remain
Poisoning all the tomorrows to come with that
That, that doesn’t exist
It’s not something that can be seen
Because it never was

What happened to you
What happened to me
If we close our eyes would we see what was
Or what we have become
This or that
Shadows of yesterdays
Names only whispered beneath the winds of time
Myths to become

Is there nothing left to say
This void is tearing all of us part
Striking us down
Smothering us with the unknown
Hate and despair
Doubt
Who can we trust
All those lies told

Is there anyone left out there
Hiding in the darkness
Waiting to escape their prison
To scream about liberty and freedom
Tell me something I don’t already know
Something special
Something dark
Just, something

Walker

No comments: